DISCUSSION: Proposal for a new list

My e-mail is running 40 to 2 in favor of a new list devoted to community
announcements.

While I appreciate Doug W's suggestion that V2020 items be labeled as to
their nature (news or discussion), history has shown that some participants
are unwilling or unable to follow protocol regarding subject lines,
repeating extraneous content of previous messages, carrying on private feuds
on the list, or limiting their posts to one a day (or even one a day per
subject).

I would welcome suggestions OFF LIST of a suitable host for a new list
and/or website of community events.  If anyone has experience with MSN,
Topica or the other commercial providers of this service, please let me
know.

--Kenton