Moscow water policy

I can't agree with the notion that the city not have a minimum monthly
water system payment. Seems to me that there needs to be some minimum level
of payment in place to pay for meter reading and the cost associated with
maintaining records of users.

If the city were to charge for every gallon used, as a visioneer has
suggested, does it not make sense to also have a certain minimum charge for
the cost of the billing procedure in addition to the actual water charge?

And what of public-safety uses of water, such as extinguishing a house
fire? Who pays that bill?

John Pool
John S. Pool
jpool@moscow.com
"There's nothing quite as satisfying as
making your community a better place to live."
		-- john pool

Back to TOC