RE: opt out?

Doug Jones stated:

> So let me get this right. There is more freedom where people like me are
> forced to pay for your worldview than in a world where we are each free
> to pay our own way? That's quite a trick.

I believe in a very basic concept in which one hand washes the other.  To
illustrate this, I heard a story a long time ago.  It went (hoping I get it
accurate):

There was this building that consisted of two rooms.  The occupants of each
room could not see into the other room.  The occupants of each room were
seated opposite each other at a long table with spoons four feet long
permanently attached to their wrists.  Although their arms were free, they
were tied to their chairs so they could not get up.  In the middle of the
long table was a feast fit for a thousand kings.

As I walked into the first room, I noticed that each occupant was attempting
in vain to feed him/herself.  These occupants later died of starvation.

As I walked into the second room, I noticed that each occupant was
spoon-feeding the person opposite them at the table.  These people survived
and flourished.

I am certain that you understand what I am getting at.

Take care,

Tom Hansen
Moscow, Idaho

Work like you don't need the money.