From: Brent Capener
To: vision2020@moscow.com
Sent: Wednesday, August 28, 2002 11:29 PM
Subject: re. personal thoughts

To those of you who had the unfortunate opportunity to intercept my first submission, my sincerest (and embarrassed) apologies. Thank you FSR for being so responsive in deleting it.
   Don- don't think lack of initial response diminishes the importance of your questions.  In my (agnostic, common sense- liberal) opinion I think you have asked the most important questions since I first viewed this sight earlier this week.  What set me off  in my accidental initiation was the  "my God can beat up your God", or even worse, the "my God  should beat up your God" attitude that seemed to be influencing and distorting much of politics.  It is fairly benign when it is simple back and forth banter expressed on an electric machine, but we should be damned sure we are in the right before we force our might against much of the rest of the world.  If we are truly righteous, then of course we should "go for it".  But do we know that we are truly right?  Our gov. says absolutely, yet for some unexplained reason they don't tell us why, how sure,what PROOF, etc.  Yes, we do know that some of the "evildoers" are bad dudes, but are they bad enough that we are in the right to destroy their countries and kill many of their innocent citizens in the process?   Will the rest of the world support us in this endeavor?  For those so inclined- would a passionate God support this?  These are major disturbing questions we should all be asking and demanding answers for ASAP, as the stakes and consequences grow larger each day. We screw up, we could be the odd man out really quickly.  Some might call this panter from a bleeding heart liberal (especially those who worship Michael Savage), but these ideas should be considered by all intelligent thinking lovers of their country.
    On other things:  re-opt out? You betcha! I don't have a street light within blocks, yet I pay for em!   Schools? I have no kids, yet I pay ~1k+/- for their education (some voluntarily).  Lots of streets I don't walk upon, therefore why should I pay?  Never used an ambulance. Not had much crime around here  lately, so I don't think I'm gettin my money's worth from the cops. Or am I?  I think that perchance society is a better place if I pay for a couple things I don't use, even if this society isn't molded according to my preferred ideal model.   re-Mark R-  excellent letter.  All should read it.   BC

Back to TOC