Re: Water update

In a message dated 8/20/02 12:20:33 PM, mushroom@moscow.com writes:

<< Let's try to figure out how we can charge tourists for the
air they breathe while driving through Moscow. >>

Good idea, if air was costing something to produce.  Water on the other hand,
particularly for those of us watering our lawns in the summer, costs lots of
bucks and to give it away, is costing someone.  One person thought the water
at the RV park was being paid for by the Lions Club.

I was unaware of the RV water availability, but, if a service club wishes to
make it available on a donation basis, good for them.  On the other hand, if
rural RESIDENTS with water supply problems are taking advantage of the RV'er
water, it wouldn't be fair to the service club and what I would presume to be
the Club's original intent.

Several Idaho Panhandle commuinties provide coin operated potable water
stations for rural residents who fill several hundred gallon tanks in the
back of their pickups on a regular for use at their homes.  The last one of
these stations cost over $50,000 to construct.  That's certainly not free air.

Walter Steed

Back to TOC