RE: Water update/poachers

More fun numbers from the American Water Works Association[1].

Use, Gallons per Capita, Percentage of Total Daily Use
Showers, 12.6, 17.3%
Clothes Washers, 15.1, 20.9%
Dishwashers, 1.0, 1.3%
Toilets, 20.1, 27.7%
Baths, 1.2, 2.1%
Leaks, 10.0, 13.8%
Faucets, 11.1, 15.3%
Other Domestic Uses, 1.5, 2.1%

-Ed Evans

[1] http://www.awwa.org/Advocacy/pressroom/statswp5.cfm

> I can't speak for other poachers, but I fill
> two 50-gallon drums of water every other week.
> They supply my water needs for two weeks, unless
> it rains and my cistern fills.  I pay the suggested
> two dollar donation.
>
> This is a small amount of water compared to the
> average urban user.  According to the American Water
> Works Association:
>
> + The average household uses 350 gallons of water a day.
>
> + The average 1/4 acre lawn can use over 3,000 gallons of water a week.
>

> Dena
<snip>

           http://www.fsr.net/

Back to TOC