RE: Keep Subject Headings Consistent In "Threads" Corpus Callosum?

Tom Hansen

First, I would like to make it clear that I consider it inappropriate to
make posts to vision2020 that have NO OTHER CONTENT but to make a personal
commentary on someone else's personality.  Vision2020 is not moderated, but
I believe when the posts to vision2020 are only in the nature of commentary
on someone's personality, like "so and so is brilliant"  or "so and so is an
ass" or "so and so can't reason his way out of a paper bag" or the comments
you posted today concerning my post on keeping subject headings consistent,
it degrades the tone of the list and wastes peoples time.  Your reply to my
post said ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about what you thought about the overall
SUBJECT of the post, which was about keeping subject headings informative
and relevant to the posts content.

As you well know there are many people fed up with the content lately on
vision2020, and I can see partly why, when the courtesy to the vision2020
users of keeping subject headings informative and relevant enough to guess
what the post contains is often ignored.

My comment about people changing subject headings to avoid others being able
to easily trace the full argument or exchange of ideas in a discussion on
vision2020 was meant "tongue-in-cheek" as we say, and I followed it with a
shrug ("Nah, couldn't be!") declaring, in effect, that I thought this was
ridiculous.

However, a number of the vision2020 users I have attempted to engage in
discussion with have often changed the subject heading totally, which at
minimum makes the days ongoing posts difficult for people to wade through,
when the discussion from yesterday that someone may or may not want to
follow is continued with a totally different subject heading the next day.

It perhaps also is an attempt, understandable when people are defending
vigorously held opinions, to change the terms of the discussion to those
more favorable to their position, a tactic that is almost universally
employed in disagreements and debates.  If you control the terms of a
debate, what questions or issues to address, and eliminate the questions or
issues that are problematic for your position, you have your debate half won
from the start.

My comment today about changing subject headings in posts in part was a
response to a post today that contained a response to a post I had posted
yesterday, but was under a totally different subject heading, mixed in with
other issues, and really didn't address the issues I raised anyways.

I expect too much, for man is not the "rational animal" that Aristotle
declared him to be.  Especially the MEN, so I must include myself in this
critique.  I really think women have brains that are more reasonable than
men's, that men are more irrational and impulsive in destructive ways then
women are.  Something about the corpus callosum, the connective tissue
between the hemispheres of the brain, which is larger in women (if I
remember my anatomy), makes them think with more connectivity of emotion and
logic, than men do.  Just speculation, but who starts most of the wars and
who runs the religions and governments and militaries that find ways to
justify the slaughter?  MEN!

Ted