Interested in Signing Moscow 2002-13 Referendum Petition . . .

but haven't been in the right place at the right time to sign?  Or can't
get out to sign one?  Or need to register to vote so you can sign the
petition?

Drop me an email and we'll bring the petition (and/or a voter
registration card) to you at a time that works for you!

Signers must be Moscow residents (within the city limits) and registered
to vote (which we can help you accomplish).

Are you willing to become involved by donating some time collecting
signatures?  Or, perhaps you want to make a donation towards the $5000
bond we'll be required to post when we've collected the required
signatures?

Drop me an email and we'll be in touch!

We're also interested in hearing from business owners/managers who
wouldn't mind having a person or two on their premises for a few hours
educating fellow citizens and collecting signatures for the petition
drive.

If any of this applies to you, please email me privately so we can help
you become involved!

For those who aren't aware, Moscow’s City Council approved Ordinance
2002-13, the "nudity ordinance" on 15 July 2002.   The ordinance, as
written, makes it illegal for a woman to bare her breasts in public
view.  This means her private property, including her home, if it is
open to public view.  It also makes it illegal for women to wear certain
bikinis and attire in public.

The fine is up to $500 or 6 months in prison.

The ordinance is sexist and unconstitutional and suppresses the rights
of
women in order to prevent another person from feeling a certain way.

MER (Muscovites for Equal Rights) is committed to upholding the 14th
amendment's guarantee of equal protection under the law for all
citizens.

MER has started a petition drive to put the ordinance to a public vote.

Saundra Lund
Moscow, Idaho

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to
do nothing.
Edmund Burke

Back to TOC