Establishment of Government Religion?

Hey Dale!  et. al.

This silly us vs them conservative vs liberal mindset is so oversimplified
and tiresome, don't you think?  I dislike all stereotyping labels across the
board.  Please don't lump me into any "group."  I think for myself and I'm
proud of it.

You state that "today's Christian political activists.... are simply
maintaining that you cannot have good government with out religion."  First,
I do not think you can speak for all of today's Christian activists, some of
whom do want the Federal government to officially make the USA a Christian
nation.  But your statement dodges the issue.
If the religion was Buddhist or Islamic, and the good government was
following the principles and practices of these two religious points of
view, who do not believe Jesus was the divine Son of God, I imagine you
would be very unhappy with this form of "good government with religion."  I
think you are trying to dance around what you really want so it does not
seem you are trying to impose you religion via government on other people
who do not believe in your religion.  You want your religion expressed in
the government, not anyone else's.  This is why I think the government
should stay out of religion as much as it can.  Every religion wants to
impose their viewpoint, and government must be fair an impartial to avoid
the heavy hand of the law being used to suppress religious activity and
thought.

Ted