a quick postscript: ASUI support confirmed

I forgot to mention that we have support from the ASUI President and
Vice-president:

On behalf of the ASUI, we want you to know that we are not in support of
Moscow's new public nudity ordinance.  We disagree with the process in which
this legislation was created, as well as the outcome of the law.  The
message that you have sent is that women's bodies are shameful and are meant
to be hidden.  We do not support that idea and we do not support a law that
will be so subjectively enforced.  We call on the members of City Council to
analyze the ramifications of this ordinance.  Please reconsider what you
have done and listen to the people of Moscow.  The past two weeks have shown
that the policy that you have created is not an acceptable solution.  We
know how complicated creating public policy can be, but it is our opinion
that the ordinance needs to be readdressed.  Thank you for your time and the
continued attention that you are giving to this important issue.
Kelsey Nunez, ASUI Vice President and Bob Uebelher, ASUI President.
Kelsey Nunez
ASUI Vice President
Associated Students, University of Idaho
Idaho Commons
P.O. Box 442535
Moscow, ID 83844-2535
(208) 885-7030
kelsey@sub.uidaho.edu

They plan on bringing this issue to the students and register them to vote.

So I guess this issue is a blessing in disguise.  We can never have enough
people registered to vote, particularly students.

Please excuse my religious rhetoric, but God still works in mysterious ways.

Garrett Clevenger