From: Bob Hoffmann [mailto:escape@alt-escape.com]
Sent: Monday, July 22, 2002 9:36 PM
To: 'Vision2020'
Subject: Re: Selective Enforcement Not True

At 07:20 AM 7/22/2002 -0700, John Guyer wrote:
>It has been bantered around that the council favors selective
>enforcement with the public nudity ordinance amendments.  This is one of
>the reasons that is being cited to oppose the ordinance.
>While I cannot speak for the council, I can say that I believe that to
>be completely false.

Hmm.  I heard a reported incident where about 40 individuals were
apparently in violation of the ordinance on public property (at the pool).

I wonder if the police were called, or if there were any citations issued
or any arrests made in this mass flaunting of the law.

If a woman were seen topless on Main St., I presume the reaction would be
the same--nothing--if the law is to be enforced uniformly.  Or would it
take 40 topless women on Main St. to be an equivalent comparison?

More daring things have happened--just ask the Aryan Nations about their
blocked parade route.  No connection with Moscow, of course.

Bob Hoffmann
820 S. Logan St.
Moscow, ID  83843

Tel: 208 883-0642