Re: Palouse Pride 2002

On Fri, 19 Jul 2002, Gregory Dickison wrote:

> > Everyone's invited to Palouse Pride.  It is a celebration of love and
> > respect for everyone....
>
> Except, apparently, yourselves.

I'm not sure what Gregory Dickison means by this.

Anyways I would still like to personally invite Doug Wilson, Gregory
Dickison, and John Harrell to our celebration.  Maybe it would help you
have conversations with "liberals" if you had some experience with a Gay
Pride event.  Saying that its wrong but never actually going to one
doesn't lend well to credibility.  And I think if you actually got to know
a gay person, their name and their personal story, you guys might not look
down so hard on them.  Not that you'd change your basic ideas on the
subject but that maybe you'd have more mercy.  Maybe you'd become friends
with them and realize that real people exist.  But maybe that is what you
are afraid of.  Finding out, as we all do, especially me, that maybe we
don't have all the answers to everything.

Anyways, I'll be cooking hamburgers for the AIDS Prevention people and
would be honored to meet everyone, including the three above.  I find I
have to meet someone when I disagree with them, so I don't risk
dehumanizing them, to make them an easier target.  But if you don't wish
to bring youself or your families, thats okay and your perogative.  I'll
be their with my family.  Hope to see most of you there!

Love

Daniel

Back to TOC