No "BLUE MAN GROUP" DEFENSE: Re: Word "Opaque" in Nudity Ordinance Poor Choice

Jennifer:

I do not have a full copy of the ordinance to plow through, but if you read
it I believe (if I remember it correctly. the only full reading I did of the
ordinance was at the city council meeting) they added a specific restriction
on "painted" breasts and latex coatings, so I believe the ordinance does not
allow a "blue man group" defense.  This language was in direct response, I
heard, to some women who were out in public in Moscow with painted breasts.
Now there's an erotic display for you!  Breasts painted with heavy blue
latex paint!  This seems more like a scarlet letter punishment for a loose
women than an erotic display.

But why do you ask me?  Seek professional legal council.  You might need it.
  I am glad to be a man with this silly ordinance in place.  It makes
dressing in the morning much less stressful.  Ha!

My point, however, is that the ordinance appears to make illegal many
commonly worm items of female clothing with the use of the word "opaque"
which means "impenetrable to light."  Many tasteful (in my opinion) female
fashions allow the suggestion of the breast to be seen through the clothing,
and it seems most people do not have a fit over this type of partially "see
through" garment, yet this ordinance bans such clothing, strictly speaking,
do you not agree?

Ted