Ban Display of Lips and Tongues on Females! Bring the Veil to Moscow.

EEvans et. al.

Clearly it would not be practical for the city council to table everything
during the summer to wait for the U of I student population to return.  My
point was simply that many people who are legal voters in Moscow were not
here to engage in full discussion of this issue, so the claim that the
ordinance truly represents the opinions of an accurate majority of the
people in Moscow who it will apply to is a questionable claim.  Many
students are on vacation and are not following the news.  Coverage of this
issue has only been front page in the local media, and unless a student was
informed of this issue by someone who is a local resident, they likely would
not have been informed.  Anyways, the city council can pass an ordinance
without a public vote either up or down, so they do not have to have proof
of a majority approval of an ordinance to pass it.

Another relevant point is the constitutional protections given to
minorities, even when there is a majority that wishes to restrict the
minorities behavior.  If such constitutional protections against
discrimination, which some have alleged applies in this case because the
ordinance is only about female not male toplessness, then even if the city
council got 20,000 letters approving the ordinance, it could still be deemed
unlawful.

What if 99 % percent of Moscow decided to ban females showing their highly
erotic lips and tongues in Moscow (french kissing is a highly erotic
activity, don't you agree) but not
males lips and tongues?  The cry of discrimination would be heard loud and
clear.

What is clear is that we are just legislating relativistic cultural norms.
Some societies do not ban public display of the female breast, and are just
as civilized and reasonable, maybe more so in some cases, than Moscow,
Idaho.  We are not following objective standards about display of erotic
parts of the female or male body.  Otherwise the highly erotic lips and
tongues of females and males would be also banned!  I think a good case
could be made that french kissing is more erotic, and that people who engage
in this activity derive more pleasure from it, than the simple display of
the female or male breast on a city street, park, etc.  Why assume the
female breast is erotic when a female is sunbathing in the city park or
swimming in the public pool?  This assumption strikes as coming from the
mind of someone obsessed with breasts and their erotic implications!  And
why let people with unhealthy sexual obsessions determine public policy?

I propose we pass an ordinance banning public displays of female tongues and
lips or any activity involving these highly erotic parts of the female body.
Lipstick on a female especially should be a punishable offence.  We must
protect the children from this ruinous display of erotic body parts
threatening to undermine the moral structure of our civilization!  Veil
female faces in Moscow!

I'm certain that a large percentage of the U of I student population
has not yet heard about the topless controversy.  Many are having fun on
summer vacation and are not following the news, and unless informed by
someone from this area by some means, do not have a clue what has happened
on this issue. Don't exaggerate how much news coverage this issue has
received outside the Inland Northwest.
It has not been a headline story except in local media.

Ted