Erotic retardation III

Dear visionaries,

Melynda writes:
"My observations suggest that it's very poor countries--often
fundamentalist regimes of various kinds--that have poor facilities for
personal hygiene and women who are hidden from public view."
	All regimes are fundamentalist. The only thing that distinguishes them is
the nature of their fundament. Prudent legislation has spared us all from
discovering the real nature of Moscow's fundamentalism.

Melynda writes:
"You don't own the Trinity, Doug."
	Right. The Trinity has owned me since I was baptized in the triune name.
And everyone who has had that sacrament applied to them has a
responsibility to seek out ways of thinking and living which reflect
ultimate trinitarian realities, seeking to avoid the cultural forms of
trinitarian heresies. The Muslim view of women is radically Arian -- for
them submission and authority necessarily entail ontological subordination.
But Enlightenment egalitarianism is modalism -- equality must mean
abolition of all distinctions. But a robust cultural Trinitarianism
necessitates equality between the sexes as well as a distinction between
them. And what fun it is!

Melynda writes:
"You've said that it's a boring and ugly world in which women are not
primarily erotic objects."
	I am not exactly sure how that word "primarily" got in there.

And she also writes:
"There can be no uglier or more mind-numbingly tedious world *for women*
than one in which their erotic and reproductive potential is the primary
dimension of their existence."
	Amen. So keep your shirts on -- so that men who want to be faithful in
mind and heart to their own wives, and who want to treat other women they
meet during the day with all dignity and respect, are not forced to duck
down alleys or climb trees. This is not a difficult concept, people.

Still waiting on the sexual harassment language that will eliminate all
legal language that assumes a difference in male and female bodies. And
while we are at it, maybe we could outlaw all the sexist stereo cables down
at Radio Shack.

Back to TOC