RE: Public Hearing

HELLO, BILL,  I'M NOT HAPPY TO NOT BE ABLE TO PROVIDE YOU WITH A CONNECTION
BETWEEN THE PRESS RELEASE YOU ARE PREPARING FOR THE EXPERIMENTAL KITCHEN OF
MARY AND THE COUNTY'S PROPOSED RETROFIT OF THE GRANGE BUILDING ON THE COUNTY
FAIRGROUNDS. THIS COUNTY PROJECT HAS BEEN A SUBJECT OF DISCUSSION AND
DISAGREEMENTS.  THERE IS A HIATUS IN THIS UNHELPFUL BACK AND FORTH,
THANKFULLY; ROOF, CEILING, AND ASSESSMENTS OF THE LARGER NEEDS IN ORDER TO
ACCOMPLISH THE RETROFIT ENDS WILL BE COMPLETED BEFORE FAIR TIME, ABOUT 2ND
WEEK OF SEPTEMBER 2002. AFTER THE FAIR I HOPE IT WILL BE A "FULL SPEED AHEAD
DAMN THE TORPEDOES" AFFAIR BASED ON WHAT THE ASSESSMENT DETERMINES NEEDS TO
BE DONE.  SUFFICIENT FUNDS TO ACHIEVE THE DESIRED ENDS ARE YET TO BE FOUND,
BUT THEY ARE THERE.

ON ANOTHER SUBJECT, THE FLUSHING OUT OF THE CONSERVATIVE RELIGIOUS
FUNDAMENTALISTS AND THEIR PROPERTY ACQUSITIONS AND "TAKEOVER" OF GOVERNMENT
AND PUBLIC PROCESSES, IS NOT SUFFICIENT. I MAINTAIN A SIMPLE SOLUTION: STOP
TALKING AND ACQUIRE PROPERTIES, BECOME ELECTED OFFICIALS, AND BE IN THE
ACTION.  TALKING HAS ITS PURPOSES, BUT AT SOME POINT THE DOING NEEDS TO TAKE
PLACE.  WHEN I CARRIED THE SLOGAN OF "LIFE IS SHORT, WORK HARD!" THROUGHOUT
MY CAMPAIGN TO BE A COUNTY COMMISSIONER AND AS A COUNTY COMMISSIONER I WAS
NOT TRYING TO BE "CUTE."  BECAUSE, INDEED, THERE IS LITTLE TIME ALLOTTED TO
EACH OF US IN OUR LIFETIMES TO BE SOME SOME GOOD.

ALL THE BEST, BILL.  SINCERELY, LORECA

NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
BEFORE THE BOARD OF LATAH COUNTY COMMISSIONERS
1:30 p.m.
Monday, July 15th, 2002

The Board of Latah County Commissioners will hold a public hearing on
Monday, July 15th, 2002, in Room 2-B of the Latah County Courthouse, Moscow,
Idaho, to receive comments on:

*1:30 p.m. SP #637 - Gray Short Plat: A request for approval of a short plat
of a 18.91-acre parcel to create two approximately 5-acre parcels and one
approximately 8-acre parcel zoned Rural Residential (RR-5), five acre
minimum. The property is located along Chaney Road, near Viola, in Section
6, Township 40 North, Range 5 West, B.M., in Latah County.

All interested parties are encouraged to attend the hearing.  Accommodations
for individuals who qualify under the Americans with Disabilities Act are
available upon request.  Notice is required in the Planning Office three
working days prior to the hearing in order to acquire accommodations.

This hearing will be held pursuant to the Latah County Hearing Procedures
Ordinance and under authority of the Idaho Local Planning Act, Latah County
Comprehensive Plan, The Latah County Zoning Ordinance, and the Latah County
Subdivision Ordinance.  The Board of County Commissioners reserves the right
to limit the length of testimony.

Additional information on this request, including full copies of the
proposals, is available from the Planning Department at the Latah County
Courthouse, Moscow, Idaho.  Phone (208) 883-7220.  Written comments will be
accepted at the above office prior to the public hearing.

Bill Belknap
Associate Planner

(This is a public service announcement)

Back to TOC