Re: Alturas Technology Park

  Thanks for the clarification, Bill. You say the schools are partially
exempted. Does that mean they only receive a portion of the added tax value
from the Alturas businesses? I assume that the fire, police and other taxing
entities aren't exempted and therefore don't receive the added benefit.
  Either way, Moscow made a choice years ago that they wanted to keep
buisnesses like yours nearby, and that choice had consequences. Likely a good
choice, but one that continues to have an impact on how the city develops, who
eats more and who eats less of the economic pie, where Moscow grows, where it
deteriorates. Everyone who lives there should be involved and informed of
changes to the script.
  Beyond the risks (for instance the need a while ago for the city to step in
when development revenues lagged below initial estimates) all of Moscow may
well benefit in the end, after the bonds are paid off, and the district reverts
to normal taxing status and the dollars are split evenly. I can't remember when
this is supposed to happen, 30-year bonds?, but maybe Moscow will pave the end
of Veatch when it does happen.

  cheers, greg
begin:vcard
n:Burton;Greg
tel;cell:(801) 918-8097
tel;fax:(801) 257-8525
tel;work:(801) 257-8789
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:www.sltrib.com
org:The Salt Lake Tribune;Environment & Adventure Desk
adr:;;143 S. Main Street;Salt Lake City;Utah;84111;United States
version:2.1
email;internet:gburton@sltrib.com
title:News Editor
x-mozilla-cpt:;3