Re: 7th Graders Islam Studies Spark Hate Mail, Lawsuits

Snopes has some interesting stuff on it and I have used it before.

In this case, I find this as an interesting admission regarding how Snopes
views this issue. Snopes seems to agree with the atheist that all religion
should be removed from the government schools:

Snopes:
"Assist Ministries is addressing the wrong issue: This controversy shouldn't be about
Islam vs. Christianity or "our religion" vs. "their religion," but rather about the
appropriateness of any religious teachings in public schools. Their hand-wringing over
the evils of Islam, dark hints about conspiracies among politicians and profiteers to
appease oil-rich Arabs, and presentation of Christianity as the one true religion miss
the point."

Snopes also makes an interesting statement regarding "belief systems", which most
people here on Vision2020 dont seem to get, yet. Doug Wilson and Doug Jones describe
it as "Modernity" and I have stated that the removal of religion is atheism, but
either way, it is a belief system:

Snopes:
"Is it possible to teach about a people and their place in history without also teaching
the belief system that influenced them? We don't know."

John Harrell