No Subject

Dear visionaries,

Melynda wrote:
Doug Wilson asks, with some frustration at having to repeat himself,
>What standard are you appealing to, and why is that standard binding on
>anyone else?

No frustration. Just a lot of fun -- like herding cats.

She continued:

On June 13th, I wrote:
"We [those who don't share Doug's worldview] have many standards, many theologies, many philosophies. It's not a simple binary at all, but an extraordinarily complex mixture of contingencies, compromises,
dissatisfactions, and agreements." This reply may not satisfy you, Doug, but it is an answer.

Allow me to point out it is not an answer to the second half of the question at all. Why should anyone be bound by anyone else's personal core values? How do you get from "many standards" to one community? Where is the arche?

Back to TOC