One Woman's View On The Topless Issue

My wife, Melissa Harrell, wanted to make a comment regarding the
issue currently before us: the baring of womens breasts in public.

In the movie, "A Man Called Peter", Catherine Marshall addresses a
group of young women on the topic of being a woman.

She says how the emancipation of woman came about with Chrisitianity.
We, as women, were given a dignity we had never had before. We were
revered, protected and loved. In essence, put on a pedestal. This
all changed when we wanted to be equal with men. In order to be equal
we had to step down from our pedestal. Now we have the "right" to swear,
smoke, get drunk... Our dignity was lost when we gained these "rights".
Men no longer feel as romantic about us as they did our grandmothers.

The "right" to expose our breasts brings us completely off the pedestal.

Lets try to get back on that pedestal.

Sincerely,
Mrs. John Harrell