Re: US95 South

Finally!!!  Someone writes some common sense!!

The pristine view of Paradise Ridge hasn't been pristine since the houses were built on the ridge, at least not for those looking up toward the ridge.  If route 10A spoils the view for a couple families, but makes traveling safer for hundreds more, the choice is simple.

As for the native plants argument, there hasn't been native plants there for decades.  That ridge has been pastured, farmed, and hayed for many years.  I would be interested in knowing what plants and grasses are being considered a native.

If route 6 is the choice, busses will have to stop to pick up kids on a divided hiway with a speed limit of 65 mph.  This is not a satisfactory option.  Bus turnouts would have to be created for every bus stop and then as families move, new turnouts will have to be created.  Busses will have to enter 65mph traffic while traveling to the next stop, never attaining the same speed as the flow of traffic.

Route 10A will have limited accesses and the current highway will be a safer option for busses when all the truck and heavy traffic is diverted to the new highway.  Farmers moving equipment can use the old highway and will not slow the traffic on the new divided highway.

The argument of preserving the natural habitat and native plants of Paradise Ridge is a smoke screen for a few people to protect their own 'pristine' views. Meanwhile hundreds of others are impacted and safety forgotten.

Tim and Lisa Clyde

Dan Carscallen wrote:
036901c21d53$6fdada60$b571e4ce@oemcomputer">

How come every time I read or hear something from somebody about the proposed Route 10A, they say how "pristine" and "unspoiled" Paradise Ridge is?  Do they not know that all those "native grasses" used to be farm ground?  Don't they know that when Moscow was first settled there wasn't a single tree on top of that ridge?  If these people want to get everything back to the "way things were", then we have a lot of work to do.

I am more saddened by the number of people who have built the houses on Paradise Ridge, taking away natural habitat by encroaching on it.  There is far less impact on the wild creatures by a highway than by people creating a suburban area.

Back to TOC