Re: Fed. Judge Declares "Pledge of Allegiance" Unconstitutional

Does this mean that the State of Idaho is in conflict with the Federal
Government regarding the schools? Will the schools in Moscow have to now
be instructed to not recite the pledge for fear of violation of a newly
created Federal law by the Federal courts?

Idaho Code § 33-1602
All elementary and secondary schools are required to provide instruction in the
Constitution of the United States. The State Board of Education adopts materials and
determines the grades in which instruction must be given. Instruction must also be given
in the proper use of the American flag, the recitation of the pledge of allegiance, the
national anthem, and "America".

John Harrell

http://www.ca9.uscourts.gov/ca9/newopinions.nsf/FE05EEE79C2A97B688256BE3007FEE32/$file/0016423.pdf?openelement