quibble with Greg

I have to argue with Greg Dickison's statement that the 'miscreants who
recently got into so much hot water for pilfering the gay-pride flag' were
'prosecuted to the full extent of the law.'  From my understanding of the
facts, which I got out of the LMT and the Daily News, it seems to me that
the students could have been charged under I.C. 18-1401 with Burglary.  I
have pasted the statute below:

18-1401. BURGLARY DEFINED. Every person who enters any house, room,
apartment, tenement, shop, warehouse, store, mill, barn, stable, outhouse,
or other building, tent, vessel, vehicle, trailer, airplane or railroad car,
with intent to commit any theft or any felony, is guilty of burglary.

Since they broke in to steal the flag they so strangely found offensive, in
order to patrioticly destroy it, I'd have to say that was a theft.

I'm not saying they should have been charged with felonies, or that the
prosecutor's office should have handled these cases differently; however,
since they were charged with misdemeanors instead, I don't agree that they
were 'prosecuted to the full extent of the law.'

Sunil "My Cars are Filthy" Ramalingam