Now Im irritated

Did anyone read the editorial by Craig Clohessey?

There seems to be a large component of individuals, according
to Mr. Clohessey of the D-News, who have decided that the City Council needs to
ban topless carwashes. More specifically they want to ban females from going
topless.
Lets just review a few points- men in this town appear in public all the time
topless. At carwashes, barbeques, sporting events, and just walking down the
street. No one calls the town council to get them arrested. No one wants to
change the ordinance so they have to stop.
 It was just this point, not vagueness that caused the original ordinance to be
thrown out. It was being applied to only one group of people. Women.
Why were so many people offended by the women's bare breasts? Would they have
been less offended if the women were nursing mothers?
Are we going to ban all bare breasts? What about those nursing mothers? Why is
it ok if they are nursing and not ok if they are just washing cars?
Why not arrest the oogling hordes for loitering or voyeurism or do we think
that it was the fault of the women for providing a tempting peek?
Lets remember that breasts are just a part of the body, its only sexually
exciting if you want it to be.

I say if you want the ordinance changed, fine but make sure that it applies to
ALL groups not just those of us who happen to be women.

Personally I think everyone should be required to wear tops in public.
Everyone.

           http://www.fsr.net/

Back to TOC