Coping with the Phelps crowd

Alas, Debi, you're being mail-bombed.  It may go on for quite awhile, at
least until Fred runs out of family members with Internet access.  Never
fear, though: once all twenty-eight of them have logged on and personally
condemned you to hell, I'm sure they'll go back to singing along with the
"Hee-Haw" reruns.

(If, however, any of them should cross the line and threaten you with actual
harm, you can contact <admin@> whatever internet provider they happen to be
using.  That'll shut that down.)

On a related note, I'd just like to say that I found Mark Rounds' post quite
touching.  In the gay community, we often toss words like "fag" and "dyke"
around at one another in order to take the sting out of them.  While I
certainly found Bill's post and all the follow-ups very funny and
supportive, it's also nice to read a thoughtful piece by a person of good
will about the continued negative power of epithets.

Sincerely,
Auntie E.