Re: ORVers: please help our watersheds

I must apologize for sending this original message via "Radio Free Moscow"  I am the "email director" for this non-profit group and in my haste mistakingly sent that message from the RFM account rather than my own.

The views expressed do not neccesarily reflect the views of Radio Free Moscow.  Though the group strives to include the voice of the community, I should not have used the RFM email account to express my views.

Please forgive this mistake.

Peace to you all.

Garrett Clevenger

vision2020-digest Digest Volume 02 : Issue 164

Today's Topics:
  Re: Fwd: The Curtailment of "Mudbogi  [ bill london <london@moscow.com> ]
  Alturas                               [ Law Office of Duncan Palmatier <dpa ]
  ORVers: please help our watersheds    [ "Radio Free Moscow community radio  ]
  Unidentified subject!                 [ Douglas <dougwils@moscow.com> ]
  ignore this test post                 [ london@moscow.com ]
  Property Taxes                        [ "Dale Courtney" <dmcourtn@moscow.co ]
  Re: Property Taxes                    [ "Archie" <archie@moscow.com> ]
  RE: Property Taxes                    [ "Dale Courtney" <dmcourtn@moscow.co ]
  Re: Property Taxes                    [ "John Danahy" <JDANAHY@turbonet.com ]
  Re: A new High School?                [ Evan or Nancy Holmes <ncmholmes@mos ]
  Re: your mail                         [ Daniel Kronemann <kron4155@uidaho.e ]

Perhaps ORVers should understand why they should not be driving through meadows and mud bogs:  This destroys the watershed.

These ecosystems are extremely sensitive.  Not only is the oil that is emitted from these vehicles toxic, but the direct physical impact destroys what lies beneath.  Perhaps you think this is no big deal, but when the cumulative effects of all those who think they have a right to drive where they want to is added up, the ecosystem, our watershed, is adversely affected.  This means the environment we depend on for healthy living is degraded.

Wild, pristine Nature is crucial for our long-term health.  That seems fairly obvious.  It also seems obvious why someone would defend these ecosystems from destruction.  This is for everyone's benefit.

It's unfortunate that an ORV would be sabotaged this way.  I definitely don't want a stalled ORV to be stuck in a bog leaking it's toxins out.  But I definitely don't want these vehicles to be destroying what should be considered sacred ground.

So please, ORVers, understand the impact your vehicle is having.  It may be fun to splash mud, but you are adding pollution to the water we drink and degrading the ecosystem that is vital for countless other criters who have the same right to live in a peaceful environment.

I say anyone knowingly and willingly destroying an ecosystem is the real ecoterrorist.

"What are we doing to our Home?!:("