----- Original Message -----
From: Douglas
To: vision2020@moscow.com
Sent: Thursday, June 13, 2002 2:12 PM

Dear visionaries,

How about this? Would it be appropriate for a government school to teach that one form of early Darwinism taught that blacks were one of the intermediate steps between primates and full humans? Of course I don't think that -- all of us are descended from Adam and Eve. But I am curious -- if we all evolved out of the primordial goo, then was the process of natural selection obligated to observe the strictures of the Civil Rights Act of 1964? Any biological reason why every branch of the humanoid fauna has to progress at exactly the same rate? What I am trying to get up the nerve to ask (given the Chinese fire drill earlier about coming out in the classroom) is this: is there any scientific reason anyone can give me to show that Darwinism is not necessarily, irredeemably racist?

And in response to the invitation, "knock yourself out," I appreciate that very much. Just what we have been doing, and it is taking its toll. In part it works so well because tax-funded schools can't really understand how competition works.

P.S. is my use of "Chinese fire drill" illegal yet? If so, I repent in dust and ashes, and promise to report to my Purity of Thought Council meeting first thing.

Keeping the fun in fundamentalist,

Douglas Wilson

Back to TOC