Re: viruses coming through Vision2020

Actually, a feature that is becoming more and more common with email
viruses is their ability to spoof the originating email address.  Hence,
although it is possible that infected email originated from a v2020
subscriber, it is not necessarily the case.

           Clint "Tex" Payton
       email: tex@kuoi.asui.uidaho.edu

On Wed, 5 Jun 2002, Joan Klingler wrote:

> As a subscriber to Postini.com, my mail is checked for viruses before
> it reaches my mailbox.
>
> In the past four days this week, THREE of the Vision2020 digests
> have had viruses.
>
> Visionaries, please have a good virus checker on your machine--
> McAfee and Norton both work well, and you can get updates
> continually from those web sites. Without Postini, these viruses
> would have come directly to my computer.
>
> Joan Klingler
> joank@moscow.com

Back to TOC