One last question--at least from Mr. Danahy

John:
The increase in salaries and benefits attributable to "steps
and columns" was budgeted at approximately $140,000.
That number is probably somewhat different now with
several staff members having taken advantage of the
early retirment option, but it should be pretty close.

I should have also pointed out in the last posting that not
all teachers in the district move up in pay each year.  The
maximum number of years of service for which there is a
"step" is 10.  After that point, the only possible increase is
by advanced education that would move an individual to
another "column."  The stages above the baseline BA are
BA+10, BA+20, BA+30, MA, MA+10, MA+20, and MA+30.
[there is no standard across Idaho district for columns.
Most districts have 6 to 8 columns but the exact definition
varies in achieving the columns]

I believe the majority of teachers in the district have more
than 10 years' service.

Mike Curley

Back to TOC