Citizens for Quality Education

Dear Vision2020 members,

I just sent a note to the Jr. High list-serve letting them know about an
important meeting on Thursday, February 7th, and I thought 2020 readers
might also be interested.  Those of you who are on the Jr. High list-serve,
please forgive the duplicate posting.

Dave

------------------------------

Dear MJHS parents and staff,

I just returned from the School Board's public meeting about the School
District's budget proposal.  At that meeting there were opportunities for
people to make comments and ask questions regarding the proposal presented
on the 22nd.  It was a very good meeting and at the meeting I learned of a
new group, Citizens for Quality Education.

This is what they say about themselves:

"Citizens for Quality Education (CQE) takes seriously the PUBLIC in our
public schools.  We are composed of Moscow School District residents from
all walks of life, including parents with children in school, retirees, and
taxpayers without school-aged children."  They have as their principles:

-  It is desirable to preserve small class sizes.
-  It is desirable to preserve course offerings.
-  It is desirable to minimize the number of students moved
     from school to school within the district to equalize class
     sizes.
-  We will support a limited supplemental levy if we are
     satisfied it will adequately address these principles.

They have invited us to join them at their meeting next week: