School Budget

Being relatively new to the area, can someone fill me in on how the school
funding issue came to be?  A 2-million dollar shortfall is a lot of money;
is the budget suddenly different now than in past years?  Did the state cut
funding by that amount, and why?  Were there some decisions made that
resulted in a shortfall?  The recent funding initiative was defeated by a
huge margin-- was this a reaction to some percieved mismanagement?
	Needless to say, I'm ignorant of the history of this issue.  If there's a
newspaper summary or other publication, please point me in that direction.
Thanks--

Back to TOC