RE: Petition to Governor Kempthorne

Unfortunately,I think this type of quote has led most politicians and many
of the public to view higher ed as a private good:  if it leads to
individual economic advancement, those who get the reward should be required
to invest in, and pay for the cost of their education thorough tuition and
fees.

If you want some more hair-raising statistics of where Idaho ranks, check
out a column in yesterday's Statesman:
http://www.idahostatesman.com/news/daily/20020114/Editorials/208170.shtml

Ron Force	      	  rforce@moscow.com
Moscow Idaho USA
> Post-high school education remains one of the surest paths to
> better incomes
> for individuals and the "engine of economic development" for a state.

Back to TOC