RE: this applies to Iran and Iraq as well!

Greetings Visionaires -

Just a few minor corrections on a recent posting.

This is the exact reason why President Bush did not immediately take action.
The FBI, CIA, US Information Agency, and the National Security Agency fully
investigated the September 11th attack BEFORE any action was taken.  This
thorough investigation has resulted in a near-global alliance against
terrorism.

>And then we generally do not punish everyone
>who has ever known them... we punish those who have done the deed.

In a small way, you are correct.  Not everyone known to a criminal is
charged, only those who aid and abet the criminal.

>The point is that these despicable people will have won if they succeed to
>bring the greatest nation in the history of the world to act against their
>own principles. The point is that we have to be strong... we have to
>remember that we are in this together... we are a nation of freedom and
>justice. We cannot forget the fundamental pillars of our society. We must
>remain in control.

If this passage is to suggest that we negotiate with terrorists, I am in
strong opposition.  The United States has a long history of negotiating.
The time for negotiations has passed.  Let's put an end to terrorism once
and for all.  How manyh more embassies must we lose?  How many more military
installaions overseas will be the victim of ill-guided terrorism?  How many
mor buildings will crumble to dust and ashes?  How many more memorials must
we build?

>"Your brother in arms"
>Shahab...>

Just another veteran,