Professional Firefighters

Visionaries:

>I've receive a number of e mails received from local citizens who have
>been called by
>the "so called organization."    Many of them are suspicious in the manner
>of the telemarketer
>who handles the call--"vagueness, lack of knowledge of the organization,
>refusal to disclose
>name of the telemarketer, address of the organization, and refusal to mail
>materials because it
>is too complicated."   This is not the mark of a professional organization
>in soliciting funds.  It
>smacks of some organizaiton and group trying to build on the current
>firefighting situation to
>run a scam.   I hope this is not the case but I've asked the AGs Consumer
>Protection Division
>to look into the matter.

Again, there is a very worthwhile Professional Firefighters organization in
Idaho.   If they are
raising funds it is being done in a very "unprofessional" manner with no
disclosure to the callers.
If it is a scam then let's hope the legal professionals can handle it.

>My advice is to contribute to your local fire department.
>
>Rep. Tom Trail/Dist. 5

Dr. Tom Trail
International Trails
1375 Mt. View Rd.