Re: Moscow teachers

At 07:58 PM 8/16/2001 -0400, WMSteed@aol.com wrote:

>$20,915 for nine months equals $27,887 for a full year's work or 138% of the
>high custodian position at U of I.

Walter,

It doesn't seem like you're close to any K-12 teachers.  If you were, you'd
know that they work at  least 10 months per year, because they have to
prepare the classroom for fall, and close it down after spring.  And if you
looked at the number of hours they work during the school year, they
probably have an easy 12-month full-time equivalent, if not more.  That
brings them up to $20,915 from of their $20,915 base salary.  Strangely,
many of my close friends & relatives are teachers (including my wife,
employed all 12 months in the year), and I have no desire to change
jobs--or salaries--with any of them.

Bob Hoffmann
846 Mabelle St.
Moscow, ID  83843