Aquifer Committee May Meeting

May meeting agenda follows. April meeting minutes are posted on our website at http://www.uidaho.edu/pbac/meetings. Our 1999 Annual Report can also be viewed at our web site. The report includes 1999 water use and water levels.

Palouse Basin Aquifer Committee
MEETING AGENDA
MAY 18, 2000
2:30 PM
UNIVERSITY OF IDAHO MCCLURE HALL ROOM 411

1. APPROVAL of April 20, 2000 Minutes
2. SPECIAL PRESENTATION "WSU-Pullman Wastewater Reuse Project" (Bob Rosain and Steve Gilbert of Parametrix, Inc.; Kirkland, Washington); followed by discussion
3. DISCUSSION "Tasks to Stabilize the Grande Ronde Aquifer Water Levels by 2020" Refer to hand-out attached to April Minutes; provide input on a schedule and costs for implementation of individual tasks; form a subcommittee
4. REPORTS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS
a. Report on meeting with IDWR and US Army Corps of Engineers to discuss possible funding sources (L Kirkland)
b. Evaluation of Moscow's Fire Hydrant Flushing Program (Geoff Hannaford, UI Environmental Science senior project)
c. Update from entities on water-related projects
d. Low flush/power toilet subsidy program
e. Conservation Coordinator Position for Summer - application deadline May 15
f. Exposure in the Community - Moscow Community Center, Pullman City Council presentations; contact Juliet to schedule other presentations
g. 1999 Annual Report - additional copies available
h. Water cycle poster design and printing-request for approval of funds
i. Water conservation brochure will be reprinted-provide comments or suggested changes by 6/1/00.
5. NEW BUSINESS

6. NEXT MEETING DATE AND ADJOURNMENT

Juliet M. McKenna, Executive Secretary/Technical Advisor
Palouse Basin Aquifer Committee
NEW! 1999 Annual Report now available online!
http://www.uidaho.edu/pbac
University of Idaho
P.O. Box 443011
Moscow, Idaho  83844-3011