Re: Moscow/Pullman gas prices

At 08:06 AM 10/08/1999 -0700, Michael Mahaffy wrote:
>Had an idea.
>
>How about if we all just go to the gas stations that charge less for
>gas.  Won't this show the owners of the 'high priced' pumps that we
>are not going to stand (or drive) around and continue to pay higher
>prices for it.

I base my gas purchasing decisions on more than price.  For instance,
regardless of price, I do not buy gas at Chevron.  In Africa, that
corporation has been involved in massive environmental degradation of
traditional native homelands, and has also been involved in the killing of
protesters.

I just don't see the sqabble over a few cents per gallon as significant in
the issue of petroleum.

Act locally, think globally.

Bob Hoffmann                         229 East C St., Suite B
Alt-Escape Adventures                Moscow, ID  83843  USA
http://www.alt-escape.com            Phone: (208) 883-0642
                                     Fax: 1-800-683-3799

Back to TOC