Re: SaneRide, Inc. closure

--- CADJACKS@aol.com wrote: (SNIP)
>     I am sorry to announce the closure of SaneRide,
> Inc.
>     I personally thought it would be a good thing.
> If not only for the
> community by keeping the roads safe but a ride for
> students after a night of
> having fun.
> ...SaneRide, I am sure would
> have saved lives.  Which
> truly has value in my book.

Aren't there ways of "having a night of fun" while at
the same time "keeping the roads safe" without
"SaneRide"?

Where is the value in serving alcohol to young people
(or older) to the point where they can't operate a
motor vehicle?

I understand the reality here.  Students and others
are going to abuse that popular legal drug alcohol to
the point where it is impossible for them to drive a
car, yet alone walk, stand safely on a balcony, remain
conscious or sometimes (if they really go overboard)
even breathe.  So designated rides are valuable and do
save lives given the reality.

But where does the fun part come in?  Maybe the
"Bud-Wise-Er" frogs can answer that one.

Greg Meyer

=====