Re: "to" or "from"

Thanks Evan, for a refreshing view of the famous quality of life issue.
Everyone in Moscow seems to talk the same language.  Everyone wants to
preserve our quality of life.
The difficulty is that the definitions of what constitutes that quality are
so divergent.
Lewiston is thrilled to have recruited a 500-employee company to the valley.
  The 500 jobs in a clean industry will --the local economic development
agency says-- preserve the quality of life by providing good jobs.  Sorry,
but more likely is that the new residents drawn by that big company will
strain the roads, schools, and other services, increase taxes on established
residents while eroding the pleasant "small-town" feel of the community.
Evan lists a number of programs (like plans, fees, and restrictions) to
increase the barriers to development.  They are already in place.  What is
lacking are the city officials willing to stand up to development money and
myths.
Maybe that is something we can change during this election cycle.
BL