Re: message reception

On Thu, 29 Jul 1999, Dale Goble wrote:

> The difficulty is that the default on the list is set to reply to the
> sender with an additional question of whether you want to also reply to
> all recipients.  Thus it requires two separate steps to reply only to the
> list (i.e., you have to select reply to all and then delete the original
> correspondent's address).
>
> I think that it would be better to have the default set as a reply only to
> the list -- but I seem to remember that that option was considered and
> rejected.

That was a silly idea. The way they got it now is more work and makes it
annoying for new folks who come on and can't figure out why their replies
are either not going to the list(some mail programs will only put in the
name of the person making the post. Pegasus does that I think)., or are
going to both the list and the pther person.

JeanC

Back to TOC