Corridor Public Hearing

Subscribers:

Whitman County Planning staff did not attend the public hearing last night
regarding the corridor re-zoning.  We understand that the meeting was not as
well attended as the original Planning Commission meeting.  We also
understand that the Board of County Commissioners is leaving the public
comment period open for one more week.  I assume that means there may be a
vote on the ordinance next week.  Would anyone like to fill us in on your
impressions of the meeting?

I also understand that the BOCC did not announce the release of the
Washington State Department of Transportation plans for expanding the road
(SR 270).  We still have copies available; they'll cost around $3.00 if you
want one.
JM