moscow public works committee agenda for 7-6-99

CITY OF MOSCOW
PUBLIC WORKS/FINANCE COMMITTEE
Agenda for Tuesday,  July 6, 1999	4:30  p.m.

City Hall Council Chambers
206 East Third, Second Floor

------------------

1.	Approval of Minutes of June 21, 1999

2.	Approval of Minutes of June 28, 1999

3.   Resolutions Dealing with Protests - Creation of L.I.D. #126, #127 -
Gib Myers
A.	A resolution of intent to create L.I.D. #126 was approved by the Council
May 17, 1999 as Resolution 99-09.  An ordinance to create L.I.D. #126 and a
resolution to deal with protests regarding the L.I.D. were approved by the
Council June 21, 1999.  This is the newly worded Resolution dealing with
the letter of protest.
											Council Agenda Item #1B-1
ACTION:  Approve wording of Resolution and authorize Mayor's signature
thereon.

B.	A resolution of intent to create L.I.D. #127 was approved by the Council
May 17, 1999 as Resolution 99-10.  An ordinance to create L.I.D. #126 and a
resolution to deal with protests, if any, regarding the L.I.D. were
approved by the Council June 21, 1999.  This is the newly worded Resolution
dealing with the letter of protest.
											Council Agenda Item #1B-2
ACTION:  Approve wording of Resolution and authorize Mayor's signature
thereon.

4.	Agreement for Professional Services Design and Construction Monitoring
of Wastewater Treatment Plant - Gary Presol
At their June 7, 1999 meeting, City Council directed staff to negotiate a
professional services agreement with Kimball Engineering for the upgrade of
the Wastewater Treatment Plant.  The scope of work in the agreement was to
include all work necessary to get the project to construction and to
include construction monitoring.  The agreement has been reviewed by the
City Attorney.
											Council Agenda Item 1C
ACTION:  Approve Professional Services Agreement with Kimball Engineering
and authorize Mayor's signature on same.

5.  	1912 Life Cycle Assessment Contract - 1912 Building - Randy Rice
Staff, in working with Design West Architects and Tres West Engineers, has
asked for a fee proposal for life cycle cost analysis of the 1912 Moscow
High School conversion to the community's use.  The attached scope of work
outlines the proposal for a total fee of $3,415.00.
													Council Agenda Item #1D
ACTION:  Accept proposal and recommend authorization to proceed with
contract and authorize Mayor's signature thereon; or take such other action
as deemed appropriate.

6.	Development Agreement - Brent DeMeerleer - Dave Klatt/Gary Presol
DeMeerleer is proposing to develop the remainder of his leased property
south of Bestway Carpets located on Third Street.  Staff recommends that a
six-inch watermain and a fire hydrant be the only public improvements
required.  Reviewed by Public Works/Finance July 6, 1999.
								Council Agenda Item #1E
ACTION:  Approve Development Agreement and authorize Mayor's signature
thereon

7     Proposed Ordinance Establishing Stormwater Runoff Control
Requirements - Dean Weyen
The attached ordinance would require that all new subdivisions,
developments and redevelopments within the City of Moscow and the Area of
City Impact control stormwater runoff such that the rate of runoff
discharging from the property be no greater after land is developed than it
was prior to the development.  A public hearing was held on this matter by
the Planning and Zoning Commission May 12, 1999 (minutes attached). The
proposed Ordinance was approved on first reading at the Council meeting of
June 7, 1999.
													Council Agenda Item #5
ACTION:  Review the  Ordinance or recommend approval of the enclosed
Ordinance on the second reading or under suspension of rules requiring
three full and complete readings and that it be read by title only; and
approve or reject attached Resolution.

8.	Agreement with University of Idaho for Purchase of Property - Moscow
Couplet South Connection - Gary J. Riedner
At the June 21, 1999 Council meeting, the Council approved the Cooperative
Agreement with the Idaho Transportation Department for purchase of the
final parcel of right-of-way for the South Couplet project.  The agreement
with ITD was contingent upon receiving up to $135,000 from UI for the
purchase.
Council Agenda Item #1I
	ACTION:  Recommend  approval of  attached agreement and authorize Mayor's
signature thereon.

REPORTS:

FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS:
Scheduled:

Unscheduled:
Discussion - Council Workshop for Community Services Grant

Back to TOC