Re: Moscow Schools: Mission statement

On Fri, 26 Mar 1999, Lois Melina wrote:
> 1. I would like your comments on the DRAFT mission statement that we've been
> working on. The mission is designed to be short, easily remembered, and a
> statement of why we (the school district/education system) exists.
> (Obviously, it won't say everything.)The DRAFT we would like comments on is:
>
>                 The community's mission:
>                 To invest in the future of our students

Optional considerations (ranging from ideal to real to insane):

a. To prepare our children for the future.
a2 To prepare our children for the present.
b. To provide a social and cultural focus for the community.
c. To allow sterling minds to achieve their potential.
d. To stifle creativity among youngsters.
e. To serve as a platform for athletic endeavors.
f. To minimize the involvement of parents.
g. To send exceptional minds into boring classes.
h. To baby-sit those kids we don't want underfoot.
j. To feed at the public trough of federal mis-funding.
k. To maintain the status quo, at all costs (results be damned).
l. To encourage drop-outs to contaminate the gene pool.
m. To provide comfortable working conditions for hired staff.
n. To provide workers for the local labor market.
o. To encourage pupils to belly up to the "victim" trough.

You choose: which statements characterize our current schools?

	Robert Probasco		rcp@uidaho.edu

Back to TOC