Re: New school weapons law

E-
I am sorry to read your decision to opt out of further discussion on an
aspect of the school/gun legislation or the larger questions of gun
ownership (as you noted at the bottom of this posting).
I agree that you are not going to change the opinions of some of the
more vocal writers in this group.  That does not mean to me that you are
not affecting the opinions of others.  Of the 200 or so subscribers to
this list, you have heard directly from 3 or 4.  What do the others
think?  Are your opinions affecting them?
I think we all benefit from these discussions.  We need in this country
to talk more to each other not less.  Especially on these kind of
"culture war" issues.
Perhaps you will change your mind and continue the dialog.
Maybe we are ready to move on to other specific examples or legislation,
but I am sure this basic issue of limitations on gun ownership is not
going away.  I hope you don't go away from this discussion.  BL