Re: Moscow-Pullman Corridor: A Modest Proposal

> why not organize a broad-based planning and design
>session (1-2 days with professional staff and facilitators) to address
>citizen and governmental concerns jointly? We have done this effectively in
>the past in both communities, coming to a consensus and moving forward with
>more unity of process and purpose.
Do we and the ordinary interested citizen know who the key players, power
brokers, etc. are in the "plans" to finance and develoip such a strip?
In view of the passage by both Senate and House of the new bill on
comprehensive plan amendments w/o public due process, it may well be a
moot point as to any real citizen representation from here on out. We
need much more information on the politics and financial resources
connected to such development, and then broad community education about
these and related matters before responsible citizen action can weild
influence. When things get to the point they apparently are, the future
of communities like ours is out of public control. Just look at the Coeur
d'Alene - Post Falls  urban "development"  -- it's a mess, and gradually
will destroy community identities and cohesiveness. People as such and
their goals for quality of life will fade before the interests of large
commercial organizations which do not care about communities. The
patterns lie all across the country, and it looks like it's our turn
next. Any comments?

William K. Medlin
Dev-plan associates
930 Kenneth Street