Legislature and schools

Who says that our legislature isn't facing the problems confronting the
public schools?

Today's Spokesman Review reports that they've passed a bill to allow
those with concealed weapons permits to carry them on school property.
Furthermore, anyone (students or adults) can have guns or knives in
their car on school property "in an unobtrusive, non threatening
manner."

Although police and school officials have expressed concern, the new law
is a 'compromise with the NRA".

I'm sure we're all thankful they've adjourned...

--
Ron Force					rforce@uidaho.edu
Dean of Library Services			(208) 885-6534