Skate Park, Bikinis, and Moscow's Youth

Visionaries,

The recent discussion concerning "The Beach" and the bikini contest further emphasizes the point I made last week concerning the skatepark youth of Moscow. Youth below the age of university freshman level do not have much in the way of activities. Mr. Tasslers' comments not with standing.

Last week I was involved with an ongoing discussion with another Vision 2020 member concerning myths of the proposed skatepark and the youth organizing said project. I asked that the author come forward to properly identify themself and received the following email {see below}.

Mr. Bob Marr asks the skatepark youth to donate 1 hour of community service for each $100 raised by the Vision 2020 and offers up the first $100. While in context this appears to be a generous offer by an individual, I feel that Mr. Marr has not gone far enough. Since our precious tax dollars support most of our youth infrastructure why not make all youth who uses any tax-dollar supported system donate community service (this applies to all youth between birth and 18 who use either public schools, public water systems, public wastewater systems, walk on public streets, or even breath clean air that might have been made slightly cleaner due to the federal Clean Air Act).

Not really! Just a tongue-in-cheek comment further pointing out the prevailing attitude some people seem to have regarding youth and their activities. If Moscow was located near a real body of water or a ski resort or even a large expanse of national forest there would be more activities kids would be able to access but, too beat this dead horse one more time, Moscow is 2 hours from anything.
Sorry, that's just my opinion, I must have been spoiled living all of my youth and the majority of my adult life on the shores of Pend Oreille Lake at the base of Schweitzer Resort nestled in the Selkirk and Cabinet Mountains.

Regards,
Steve Gill
Email: hydrohead69@hotmail.com
"I dread success. To have succeeded is to have finished one's business on earth, like the male spider, who is killed by the female the moment he has succeeded in his courtship. I like a state of continual becoming, with a goal in front and not behind." George Bernard Shaw