Office Depot

It is my recollection that the Ernst site was not occupied because Ernst was in bankruptcy.  McCarthey Management, owners of the mall, bought the building in order to see it occupied.  Thus it is the mall that is responsible for getting Office Depot in the building.  In a twisted business sort of way, it makes sense to put a similar business in the mall as traffic will stop there rather than proceed farther out.  As for the ice/bowling/rollerblade  rink in the building, we have had these types of businesses before.  They do not survive because, unlike a city pool, they are not supported by tax dollars.  They rely entirely on user fees to operate.  The city pool, supported by everyone whether or not they use it, is only operable because of tax support.
John and Laurie Danahy
jdanahy@turbonet.com

Back to TOC