Re: Gas Price decrease!!

Actually gas prices in Lewiston jumped 11 cents in the past couple of
days.

But, as others have mentioned, I find the most revealing thing about
this discussion is how it spotlights our incredible addiction to
gasoline.  I am acutely aware because I have been a Moscow-Lewiston
commuter for so many years.  I don't like it...but my job and schedule
preclude me from using the limited alternative transportation that is
available.

So I do my best to limit use of my disgusting, pollutive motor vehicle
to non-recreational transport.  But it's just a shame how we have lost
sight of the absolutely devestating impact on our global environment
resulting from our continuing to extract, transport and burn fossil
fuels at such an incredible rate.

Certainly this addiction is more dangerous than many of the others we
are so obsessed with and spend so much time battling.

Greg Meyer

---Dale Goble <gobled@uidaho.edu> wrote:

> The LMT reported that prices in the valley are down to 89.9 cents.
>
> dale goble
> moscow
>
> On Thu, 4 Mar 1999, Bill Shane wrote:
>
> > After all the bashing we all have done about the gas station
operators
> > and heir prices, I think a note of thanks needs to be extended to
the
> > stations that have suddenly dropped their price!
> >   Fairco on the Trot Highway, BP by the Univ. Inn, and Exxon on
North
> > Main are all showing regular unleaded at 99.9 cents!  What a
switch.  I
> > haven't seen gas prices that low in Moscow for many, many years.
Let's