Re: No subject given

>We were too late
Only  just returning from an out-of-state trip, I read now your eloquent
piece on Elsbeth Bush and the community-created environment that
triggered her tragic end. My only comment can be:  Community-core values
that do not achieve their fulfillment as designs for living are stripped
of their meanings when such terrible events occur. They occur because
community education does not raise the level of caring to the point that
the public can see the need to make the right commitments, allocate the
right resources, see through the smoke screens of petty, special
interests (whatever their characters, justifications, and ultimate goals)
that deter the community from seeing its wholeness, its undivided stakes,
its love for all its members. Our local media are thin and almost
impotent indeed to sift through all the daily paraphernalia attaching to
community affairs, and then raise to collective consciousness what is
best for bonding, for enlightening, for improving, for ennobling us to
exercise the wisdom that says, "charity never faileth." We are all here
together. Thanks for your deeply felt and tenderly stated expressions of
caring about the "whole" as well as for that "one" dear soul.  W. Ken
Medlin

William K. Medlin
Dev-plan associates
930 Kenneth Street